Owner & Head Instructor
Hi. I’m Coach Charlie. I began training Jiu Jitsu in 2005 at the Mat Santos Fighting Academy. I also trained and fought in Mixed Martial Arts until 2009. Since 2009 I have focused on learning and teaching submission grappling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. In 2013, my wife Amy and I opened Mat Monsters Academy, and it now our lives. I received my black belt from Dan Simmler on 12/3/16.
2005 – Present
- 2007 Full Force MMA 1st Round Win by armbar
- 2009 Wartown Beatdown 1st Round Win by triangle choke
- 7x NAGA Champion (3 Expert)
- 3x Grapplers Quest Champion (1 Expert)
- 3x Boston Open (2012 1st Place)
- 2x AGC Champion
- 2x Dragon’s Lair Champion
- 2009 Submission Ink Expert 3rd Place
- 2012 Team Abusado Coach of the Year (My Proudest Award)
- 2013 NAGA Gi (1st Expert)
- NAGA 2014 Mat Monsters Academy Kids and Teens 2nd Place
- NAGA 2015 Mat Monsters Academy Adults no gi 1st place
- 2016 Team Abusado Coach of the Year
Coach Amy has been training Jiu Jitsu since 2011, and currently holds the rank of blue belt. She has been assisting with teaching the kids program since Mat Monsters Academy opened. Her background as a special education teacher for the past 14 years for the North Attleboro Middle School has proven invaluable. That experience coupled with her Jiu Jitsu training has lead her to become one of the most patient and crucial instructors , especially with our growing girls/ women’s program. Her commitment to the Mat Monsters Kids program is evident in every class.
Coach Earl is a Purple Belt who has been training Jiu Jitsu since 2009. Known as the strongest man on the mats, Coach Earl is extremely successful at competing, winning consistently by submission. A beast in competition, Coach Earl is a gentle giant as an instructor. Kids and adults all love Coach Earl.
Coach Brad began as an adult student when Mat Monsters Academy first opened. Eager to help, he volunteered to assist in our kid’s programs. His consistency and dedication to the art have quickly made him one of our top adult student’s, as well as a great coach for the kids. His patience and friendly personality, are only additional assets to both his learning, and teaching. Coach Brad is just another example of Mat Monsters dedication to its students.